The arthralgia is a pain in the joints which is usually accompanied by other symptoms. Depending on the cause, the patient may manifest inflammation, redness of the skin, stiffness in the joint area or fever. Before indicating a treatment, it is necessary to diagnose what causes arthralgia to have more effective results.
Why does arthralgia occur?
Joint pain appears from various causes, in some cases they are symptoms of other diseases. The most common reasons for arthralgia are:
- Osteoarthritis that generates joint deformation.
- Rheumatoid arthritis with its consequent inflammation.
- Injuries to bones, joints, tendons.
- Tumors in bone, joint or soft tissue areas.
- Infections due to different pathologies such as measles, hepatitis, etc.
- Inflammation of tendons.
- Excesses in the load of weights.
Arthralgia can also have its causes in the obesity, old injuries and old age. Determining the reasons for this condition is the key to starting proper treatment.
Treatment of arthralgia
Arthralgia treatment is personalized. Each patient needs indications according to their individual situation and the causes of their pain. At a general level, you need:
- Rest, which allows the affected area to relax and prevent further inflammation.
- Medicines that are intended to relieve pain and inflammation associated with arthralgia. These are in pills, creams and sprays.
The intake of drugs is indicated to alleviate the initial symptoms, but they are not conducive to long-term treatment. Professionals, after evaluation, are likely to suggest:
- Physical exercise therapies They are performed according to the possibilities of each patient to reduce and avoid greater stiffness. It is intended to facilitate the mobilization of the joints and strengthen the muscular structure.
- Alternative therapies with the use of heat and cold.
- Use of orthopedic elements that allow regulated movements, among these are crutches, splints, etc.
- In more serious cases, it is possible to resort to a surgical intervention that restructures the affected area, with or without the introduction of special prostheses to improve mobility and reduce pain.
- Therapy accompanied by multidisciplinary professionals to promote healthy lifestyle habits such as eating routines, physical exercises, weight control, etc.
- Incorporation of supplements with vitamins and minerals that the body requires in its different stages of development.
If you suffer from joint pain, known as arthralgia, do not delay in consulting your doctor. An early diagnosis of the real causes of this discomfort can prevent further problems. Proper treatment will alleviate these pains and allow habits to be generated that prevent further diseases.