The rice diet is a weight loss method developed by Dr. Walter Kepmner, which consists of an eating plan high in complex carbohydrates, low in fat, and low in sodium. Foods rich in fiber are the main sources of nutrients, so you can also consume fruits, vegetables, beans and cereals.
What foods are allowed in the rice diet?
This is an eating plan that helps to control portions while maintaining a balanced and healthy diet. In the first phase, rice and other cereals are eaten, as well as fruits, legumes and grains. Later, vegetables and beans are incorporated.
To start, daily caloric intake should be 800 calories, then increasing to 1200/1500 calories per day. It begins with a significant caloric restriction and also reduces sugar, sodium and protein, which allows you to reduce a large volume of weight, and then maintain the weight achieved.
Rice is the basic cereal consumed during this diet, but this It must be brown rice, as it contains fewer calories and carbohydrates than white rice, with twice the fiber. It also has more vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and essential amino acids.
Menu options for the rice diet
- Breakfast: 1 serving of boiled brown rice and 1 fruit (apple or orange).
- Lunch: 1 serving of brown rice boiled with fish, vegetable salad, or grilled vegetables.
- Dinner: 1 serving of boiled brown rice, a small portion of boiled meat, and low-fat kefir.
- Breakfast: 1 serving of brown rice boiled with raisins and 1 fruit.
- Lunch: 1 serving of boiled brown rice, vegetable soup and chicken breast.
- Dinner: 1 serving of boiled brown rice with boiled cabbage.
- Breakfast: 1 serving of boiled brown rice and fruit salad.
- Lunch: 1 serving of brown rice boiled with herbs, vegetable broth and vegetable salad.
- Dinner: Rice porridge with low-fat kefir.
As the time of the diet passes, other foods are added little by little, starting with fruits, vegetables, cereals and beans, avoiding additives and sauces.
This, like other highly restrictive diets, is not suitable for everyone, which is why it is important consult your doctor before starting the rice diet.
Leave your comments and opinions on this popular weight loss diet, as well as your tips to put it into practice. Click on the buttons of your social networks and recommend that your friends read the suggested menu to start with the rice diet.