Sweaty armpits are more common in places where humid weather prevails or if you do rigorous workouts. But when this sweating is accompanied by a bad smell, it is usually very annoying and uncomfortable. But luckily removing the bad smell from the armpits is possible, thanks to some home remedies. In addition, preventive measures can be taken to control odor. Underarm odor is most often associated with sweating, but perspiration itself is actually a colorless fluid. Therefore, the odor is produced when bacteria on the skin break it down.
How to get rid at once and remove the bad smell from the armpits?
Some home remedies are very effective in removing the bad smell from the armpits, let’s see some of them:
- Apple cider vinegar. It should be mixed with a cup of apple cider vinegar and half a cup of water. Mix well and place in a clean spray bottle. The mixture should be sprayed on the armpits before going to bed and left overnight. Rinse in the morning with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Aloe Vera Gel. The process will be to place the gel freshly extracted from the aloe vera leaf in a container and apply it on the armpits, leaving it to act for about 30 minutes and rinse with water.
- Potatoes. The potato is also very effective in removing the bad smell from the armpits. A potato should be cut into thin slices and rubbed in the armpits, leaving it to act for about 30 minutes. Then rinse with clean water.
- Tea tree oil. To make this body spray you have to mix two tablespoons of tea tree oil with two tablespoons of water with baking soda. Apply this solution to your armpits and leave it for 15 minutes. This will help remove the bad smell from the armpits.
- Sodium bicarbonate. For its application, make a paste with two tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of lemon juice and apply it with circular movements. Leave it to act for 10 minutes and remove with water.
How to prevent underarm odor?
A research study conducted in the past has shown that shaving or plucking the armpits can help reduce odor.
Some of the ways to prevent underarm odor are: using a good antiperspirant deodorant that, while acting on the bad smell, will take care of the skin. You have to keep the armpits always clean, complementing it with a waxing of the area, since the hair traps sweat.
It is important to wear comfortable clothing to allow the armpits and skin to breathe and air.